Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, IAUE Best Graduating Postgraduate Students Receives N110,000 Cash Prize.
The Senate of the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education received an application from Dr. Chibuzor Chile Nwabueze of the Department of History and Diplomatic Studies to institute five categories of annual graduation cash award of excellence and productivity and Senate after a heated debate graciously approved the request.
The awards to be presented to the students during the convocation ceremony include:
1. Cash award of twenty thousand naira to the best graduating student in the Department of History and Diplomatic studies.
2. Cash award of twenty thousand naira to the best graduating student in the Faculty of Humanities.
3. Cash award of twenty thousand naira to the best student in the university.
4. Cash award of twenty thousand naira to the best graduating student in the Department of English and Communication Studies.
5. Cash award of thirty thousand naira to the most peaceful graduating student in the university.
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Ozo-Mekuri Ndimele has commended the Dean of Postgraduate School Professor Daniel Ndubuisi Ogum for a job well done.
Professor Ndimele said that the ability of the Dean to graduate the Masters degree students on record time is an indication that incompetence is largely responsible for delays in graduating such students on stipulated time.
He narrated how external examiners who came for the defence of the Masters degree students were impressed and told him that no institution has been able to achieve what Ignatius Ajuru University have achieved in terms of adhering to the postgraduate programme calendars.
The Vice-Chancellor hinted that the rating of the university has increased with high population enrollment and urged the Dean to sustain the tempo